Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) is the regional body for the accreditation of degree-granting higher education institutions in the Southern states. The Commission’s mission is the enhancement of education quality throughout the region and the improvement of the effectiveness of institutions by ensuring that they meet standards established by the higher education community that address the needs of society and students. It serves as the common denominator of shared values and practices among the diverse institutions in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Latin America, and other international sites approved by SACSCOC that award associate, baccalaureate, master’s, or doctoral degrees. SACSCOC also accepts applications from other international institutions of higher education.
Why is SACSCOC important to MSM?
Being granted accreditation by SACSCOC means that Morehouse School of Medicine:
- has a mission appropriate to higher education,
- has resources, programs, and services sufficient to accomplish and sustain that mission, and
- maintains clearly specified educational objectives that are consistent with its mission and appropriate to the degrees its offers, and that indicate whether it is successful in achieving its stated objectives.
天天色综合,天天干影视The reaffirmation process officially commenced institution-wide July 2019 and will continue through March 2021. During this time, the following reaffirmation steps will occur:
- July 2019 – August 2020: Write our Compliance Certification Report for Reaffirmation
- August 20, 2020: Completion of the Compliance Certification Report
- September 5, 2020: Submit Compliance Certification Report for Review by SACSCOC
- March 16-18, 2021: SACSCOC staff will come to MSM and perform the “on-site” review of the main campus, as well as all required branches, campuses, or other sites at which we offer academic degree work.